Sunday, June 14, 2015

Watch This

Because I care about what I put into my mouth and my brain, I want to know what the food industry is up to  (read or watch "Food Inc."). And beyond my own body, I want to to keep the world safe for the myriad of little creepy crawlies and other creatures that really keep nature running. But right now, the big thing for me is food security, which is featured in a video documentary I just ran across. Access to healthy food is an environmental justice issue, especially for people who live in neighborhoods without access to fresh food, but plenty of fast food chains. "Urban Fruit" is the video. I found it on Amazon's Prime video, had no idea what it was about, but it sounded cool. I have seen it twice. I loved it.

If you care about food security and have a rebellious streak, watch this. The people who are interviewed are just plain folks who are growing vegetables in innovative and empowering ways.
Share it with your kids, partner, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment